The Hungarian Association for the Academic Study of Religions will hold the tenth EASR conference in Budapest from 18 to 22 September 2011
The theme of the conference is «New Movements in Religions. Theories and Trends».
Conference website: http://www.easr10.eu/
Call for Conference Papers
On behalf of the Hungarian Association for the Academic Study of Religions (HAASR) we are pleased to invite you to take part in the 10th EASR annual conference due to be held in Budapest from 18 to 22 September 2011.
Suggested topics to which panels and papers may relate:
• New movements and trends in approaching the phenomenon of religion. Classical and new theories about religion.
• “History” of the history of religions. Theoretical and/versus historical approaches.
• Global resurgence of religious movements. New religious movements in the context of globalization and localization. Internal developments of religious traditions.
• The global future of religion. Theories that make sense of religion in the modern world.
• Constant changes and renewal in established religions. Challenges of contemporary theories and movements for established religions.
• How to teach religion in the secular Europe? Public representation of religion. Theories of culture as theories of religion.
• Contemporary fundamentalist movements. Religious plurality versus monopoly.
Proposals for papers and panels may be submitted via the conference website: www.easr10.eu
The deadline for the submission of proposals and communications is April 2011.
The deadline for the submission of abstracts is 20 May 2011.
Papers and panels are accepted in English, German, Italian and Spanish.
Each keynote lecture will be given 40 minutes. (Keynotes will be announced later.)
Each paper will be given 20 minutes with 10 minutes’ discussion.
The Organizing committee and Secretary:
Prof. Mihaly Hoppal
Prof. Vilmos Voigt
Dr. Abraham Kovacs
Dr. Zsolt Szilagyi
Dr. Bulcsu K. Hoppal
Hungarian Association for the Academic Study of Religions
Address: Budapest-1014, Országház u. 30., Hungary
Phone: +36 1 2246700 or +36 30 9733379
Fax: +36 1 2246781